Saturday, April 17, 2010

Life after grad school...


This year after graduation has been difficult for me. It is hard to believe that it has been nearly a year since graduation. After being in school for so long, I've suddenly found myself with my evenings and weekends free, with no assignments or papers due, and the chance to explore other interests. For those who have been around me the past 5 years and heard me bemoan the fact that I wasn't able to have a flower and vegetable garden, I finally have my garden! I covered my patio with pots of flowers and vegetables (radishes, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts). It has been so much fun to pick out the vegetables and flowers and plant them...can't wait for the food they will produce! I've also begun taking banjo lessons and am now in my 7th month of lessons; it is so much fun! Stay tuned for music clips....

It has been an adjustment to life without school into a life of work. In some ways, I feel that I had to reground myself in Christ and refocus on seeking his glory and being an instrument available for his use in this next stage of life. I am in a great women's Bible study once a week and a friend I have known since 3rd grade also lives in Spokane which has been such a blessing to reconnect with her.
Blessings on your Saturday!

~Nancy
P.S. for those who have missed my smiling face, this is my professional photo...

No comments: