Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bums and Tums!




March 13, 2009
Bums and Tums!
My curiosity of strange and new foods has finally caught up to me. One can only have so much fish and chips, curry, and fudge before it starts impacting the fit of one’s clothes. I decided to take an exercise class at a local gym called Bums and Tums. It is a class that focuses on squats and LOTS of sit-ups. Fortunately, the class is all women but it is a bit discouraging when the instructor is a size 2 bubbly blonde who doesn’t even do the exercises but runs around encouraging all of us out-of-shape professional women to do “just one more set” of squats or sit ups. At the half hour mark, my quads and abs were burning and by the time the hour was up, my muscles were shaking and trembling so badly that I could hardly walk. The following day wasn’t so bad, but by Thursday I was walking as if I had spent the last 5 days on a horse, using the toilet was becoming a chore, and climbing the stairs to my flat might as well have been climbing Mt Everest. As the old saying goes, “no pain, no gain” so for now it is to the gym several times a week and backing off the local delicacies.

No comments: