Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 2 April's visit






March 27, 2009
I decided to start April out on some easy traveling with a day trip to Whitby. We took the bus through the Moors. It was so nice to share my favorite place with April. I introduced her to fish and chips with mushy peas and she even liked the mushy peas! I think she will even admit that British fish and chips put American fish and chips to shame. We spent the day popping in and out of shops, going down to the beach and watching the wind blow the sand, and climbed the 199 steps to the abbey, St. Mary’s, and to play in the graveyard. We tried to get our nerve up to try kippers but neither was feeling very adventurous. April and I decided that the cute seaside cottages would make great vacation homes so we will be purchasing one; anyone want to lend us half a million pounds? J I also treated April to a lemon top which I think by her expression she also enjoyed! We bought 2 cannon balls to go which gave us a sugar high that night but eventually we went to sleep with plans to wake early and catch our train to Edinburgh.

No comments: