Sunday, October 12, 2008

Praise the Lord!

September 26, 2008
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

The words of the song To God be the Glory have been my first thoughts on waking up in the morning for the past few weeks. I have a heart full of praise because after much discouragement the Lord finally put me in the church I have been attending the past few weeks and is already giving me the Christian family and support I have been desiring since moving to England. I’m attending Middlesbrough Community Church which is the first church I have visited that has been alive! The diversity of individuals in the church is such an encouragement; intergenerational, new Christians, seasoned Christians, all worshiping together, encouraging one another, and reaching Middlesbrough for Christ. My first Sunday there I made the acquaintance of two girls my age and have since had dinner with them during the week and attended one of their lifegroups. One of the girls is from North Ireland and grew up attending a Free Methodist church there…so fun to meet another Free Methodist here in England. I hadn’t realized how discouraged I had become in the search for a church. I visited churches that preached God’s word but they weren’t alive, they weren’t growing, and they almost seemed to have become complacent and given up on making an impact in their city. I realized that I had begun to doubt that God would provide; but of course he would! To honor him with our worship and fellowship with other Christians brings him so much pleasure that who was I to doubt that God would take me to England and then leave me without my brothers and sisters in Christ. With a thankful heart, Nancy

1 comment:

Mom (Dianna) said...

So happy to finally hear from you, even if only in writing...but what writing!!! You have blessed my afternoon.

When can you call on Skype again?

I miss hearing from you...a LONG email would be nice too!