Sunday, October 12, 2008

Redcar










October 4, 2008
Redcar trip

Sunday, after church, my flatmate, Jane, and I decided it was time to get out of the house. We decided on traveling the Redcar; a very working class seaside town only 10 miles away. Bundled up in hats, scarves, mittens, and coats, we walked along the sand by the sea, wandered through amusing stores where they sell a little of everything and most of it I’m not even sure what it is used for. Hungry, we stopped at the oldest fish and chip (chippie) take away in England. And, even though it was freezing and our eyes and noses were running as bad as the leaky faucet in my bedroom sink, we couldn’t pass up some England icecream (yes, it is so much better than American!). My adventure filled weekend finally over, I’m back home preparing for the week ahead.
To get you all more involved, I decided to implement the “Where should Nancy go next?” game. You tell me where you would like me to go next; it can be a specific location or a site such as a castle, a church, a cathedral, a museum, etc and I will take picture and then post about the location I visit.

1 comment:

Mom (Dianna) said...

When do you go to Liverpool? Have you found any Cheadles yet?

We're going over to the west side of the state this weekend...with apples to share. I need to remind Grandpa of your blog...he was asking when he was going to hear anything from you again..ie blog, newsletter.