Friday, November 21, 2008

A time to be...sick

November 17, 2008
A time to be…sick

I’ve felt it coming on all weekend and finally it hit me full force this morning. The typical head cold crud. Not one to ever stay home from work, even though I probably should have today, I rolled out of bed landing with a thump on the floor sure to wake the person below me. We are very short staffed at work now with co-workers calling in almost daily saying that they are ill and unable to work so I was not about to abandon my patients due this pestering cold. Somehow managing to dress myself and make it out the door and to work, I stumbled through my appointments this morning. I called a hearing aid a battery for most of ten minutes, not understanding why my patient was looking at me like I’d lost my mind until I finally realized what I’d been saying and was at least able to laugh at myself. I knew I should finally go home when I tried to put right hearing aid in the left ear of the next patient. One of the “higher up” audiologists took pity on my and sent me home early afternoon. I went promptly to bed and slept until this evening. I am feeling a bit better now. With the stress of trying to get through our waiting lists by Christmas, we are all feeling a bit tired and stressed so please pray for good health for myself and the whole department.

No comments: