Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My birthday weekend

August 20, 2008

For the past several years, my birthday has fallen during the first week of the fall semester which resulted in very few people wanting to celebrate due to starting classes. This year, my birthday falls at the perfect time! It is on Sunday, Aug 24, and this weekend is a bank holiday which means I don’t have work on Monday!! What am I doing? Getting out of Middlesbrough with my foreign friends ie: Kim (American) and Nikki (Filipino) both audiologists. Saturday morning, Kim and I are getting up early to catch the train to York which is a one of the most historical areas in the Northeast UK. We will spend the day there walking around, visiting the castle museum, and just being tourists. Then, we will take the train to Newcastle, meet up with Nikki for some Greek food, and spend the night at a B & B. In the morning, the three of us will travel to Alnwick castle which is still inhabited. It is known for its extensive gardens including a poison garden as well as having the largest tree house in the world. That night we will either come back to Middlesbrough or travel somewhere else depending on how adventurous we feel and how tired. It should be fun…pray for good weather and safety please. I’ll post some pictures when I return.

~Nancy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nancy, I LOVE your blog! I have the biggest smile on my face... I wish you could see it... So funny about the shower and the caterpillar and the seagull... I remember being in India and so glad it was hot so I didn't have to turn on the hot water in the shower... Pretty much you make me want to come and visit you! I hope you are having a marvelous time darling! I think about you a lot and check your blog often... is there a reason there wasn't a post and then suddenly there were several? Just wondering... Have a great birthday!