Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 1 conference

November 26, 2008
Day 1 Conference
My day began bright and early; and cold as the winds blew across the water carrying a frigid spray through the air. Bundled against the wind that tried to through me off-balance with every step, I made my way across the quaint bridge to the convention centre. Of recent build, the centre is a lovely building. Having attended the American Academy of Audiology conference 2 years ago in Denver, I had been forewarned that this would pale in comparison. And, yes, it was equivalent to AAA on a 1/10 of the scale but I did enjoy meeting other audiologists from the UK as well as hearing lectures fro some American audiologists including Doug Beck and Richard Seewald. The day ended with my bag full of free pens. We also attended a social in the evening directly next to my hotel but I didn’t stay long as the music was too loud for adequate conversation and the party theme consisted of one of my biggest fears, clowns.

No comments: