Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Goodnight Liverpool!

November 25, 2008
Goodnight Liverpool!
Tonight I rode with two co-workers the three hour drive to Liverpool. We drove through the beautiful Lake District (Beatrice Potter) but unfortunately it was pitch black and all I could see was the shadowy outline of the monstrous fells as they rose out of the darkness. Having lived the past four months in a town where the tallest building is four stories, I was in jaw dropping awe as we drove through downtown Liverpool with its modern architecture and sky scraper structures. Liverpool was recently awarded cultural center of the UK and this was evident with the street art adorning the walkways of the downtown. I’ve concluded that cities are definitely in their element at night and somehow become more beautiful. We drove across a bride and onto a dock. What? My hotel can’t be on a dock! But it was! It is one of the most quirky hotels I have stayed; the ceiling in my room is arced brick with a brick wall, large column in the center, and window which looks out on a water way where small boats are docked. Live on a dock surrounded by water, I am definitely in my element. I won’t have much time to explore as I’m supposed to be attending an audiology conference but this is one city that I will have to come back to visit again. For now, it is off to bed so Goodnight Liverpool!

No comments: