Saturday, September 27, 2008

So, where are you from?

September 25, 2008
So, where are you from?

One of the most amusing parts of my day is when patients get that confused and slightly embarrassed look on their face when I start talking and I know that they don’t know where I am from because of my accent. I've even returned to the hearing aid room and had a husband and wife taking bets against each other as one thought I was Irish and the other thought I was American!! As approximately as I could, I’ve compiled a list of the places that people think I am from:

Canadian: 100+ people think I am from Canada
American: 70+ people think I am American
Irish: 2 people have thought I was Irish
Scottish: 1 person thought I was Scottish
Scandinavian: 1 person though I was from a Scandinavian country
Native American: 1 person thought I was a Native American

No comments: